Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Expand all

Who is my adviser for the Major?

Professor Sarah Taylor, Director of Undergraduate Studies.

How do I declare a major or minor?

Declaring a Weinberg College Major or Minor
  • Download a Declaration Of Major  or a  Declaration Of Minor  form and fill out the student and major/minor information sections.

    Mac users: Please fill out forms in Adobe Reader or Acrobat rather than Preview.  Information filled out in Preview is not retained when the pdf is opened in other applications. 

    Adobe Reader is available as a free download:

  • Save the pdf named as: “<Your Last Name>_<Your Student ID>”.
  • Email the completed form to the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS), Professor Sarah Taylor, at

How do I petition to graduate?

See procedures and forms.

I am studying abroad next term. How do I get my study abroad approval forms signed?

Submit your particular Study Abroad Program’s description and a list for the courses your will be taking, along with the Study Abroad Permission Form to the DUS. Make sure you fill out the form completely before submitting it to the DUS. The DUS will review, sign, and approve the form remotely, as long as there are no problems or outstanding issues.

For more information go here.

I have just returned from study abroad and need course credit/substitution credit/degree credit for the courses I took abroad. What do I do?

Submit a copy of your syllabus, a transcript that states your grade in the course, and a copy of any final paper or exam you had in the course. Include the form for substitution or credit approval for DUS to sign. Also include a brief note that lets the DUS know what you need done. Within a week, the DUS will review these materials and sign digitally, or request a meeting with you for further discussion.

For additional information see Weinberg College Rules and Policies for Study Abroad.

I am a NCAA athlete, how do I get my NCAA forms signed?

Consult your coach or coach’s assistant at the start of the season and then mark your NCAA deadlines clearly in your calendar. Allowing at least 1-2 weeks before your deadline, please submit your NCAA form or forms to the DUS for signature and approval. The turnaround on this is usually very quick, but your ability to play is contingent on this, so please plan ahead and do not leave it to the last moment. After your form is signed, file it with the appropriate office.

I am interested in the Honors Program in Religious Studies. What does this entail? And how do I go about doing it?

In short, it entails writing a 30-35-page thesis and taking Religion 396 1, 2, the Senior Honors two-quarter seminar.

Senior Thesis and Honors Program Requirements